Haulm topping is used for various reasons in the cultivation of onions, radishes and other vegetable crops. Amongst others:
- It provides great labor savings when harvesting
- It is important for optimal sorting
- It prevents virus infections
- It’s easier to unload the storage before delivery
Hoopman Machines develops and produces machines for i.a. the arable- and livestock farming sector and continues to innovate to help entrepreneurs optimize their business operations.
In addition to the haulm topper type UM 300 F (F = Front), Holaras is now introducing type UM 300 H (H = Heck). This haulm topper can be used at the rear of the tractor attached to the three-point hitch. This gives the advantage that lighter tractors can also be used. Four hydraulically adjustable wheels ensure better weight distribution and possible application for cultivation on ridges.
- Equipped with four wheels, hydraulically adjustable
- Option of automatic height adjustment possible
- Wheels are also mechanically height adjustable for use in cultivation on ridges.
- Solid driving mechanism through combination of gearboxes and V-belts.
- Protruding parts on the sides can be folded for transport